Position Open: Head Coach, Overwatch
January 18 2017
Are you an organized individual, experienced in the art of mentoring, and happen to enjoy Overwatch? Then Team Liquid is looking for you. TLOW is searching far and wide for a new Head Coach moving into 2017.
As our Head Coach, Overwatch; you will work directly with the team to ensure they reach their full potential and are able to practice in a productive environment. You'll create a system to organize VoD recording sessions and provide constructive feedback where needed.
Job Title: Head Coach, Overwatch
Reports To: John Lewis, Overwatch Manager
Location: Remote Location/North America
- Set goals that enable athletes to reach their full potential as productive team members.
- Facilitate and drive improvement in player performance.
- Manage scrimmage schedule for team.
- Supervise scrims, match play and practice environment.
- Organize VoD recording and review sessions.
- Assist in recruitment, training, and evaluation of volunteer coaches and analysts.
- Communicate specific and detailed constructive criticism in both group and 1on1 settings to players.
- Work closely with management and other support staff.
The applicant must possess
- Fluency in English
- The ability to recognize conflict and the necessary skills to resolve it
- A cursory knowledge and active awareness of the latest in statistical research and analytic trends across esports. Must be able to create original research and content based on these trends.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of news and story play.
- The ability to multitask in order to quickly juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Relevant Job Experience
5+ years working in a team environment, including previous leadership and coaching roles. Strong preference will be given to applicants with previous coaching experience on esports teams.
To apply, please email us with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with [Attn: Overwatch: Head Coach Application] in the subject line.
Civ VI Civilization VI Esports Challenge With the Team Liquid mod at hand, do you have what it takes to rule your civilization to victory?
Overwatch Minstrel's Final Curtain Today, Liquid'Overwatch parts ways with John "Minstrel" Fisher. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors as a humble farmer armed with nothing but a few coins and some hand-me down tools.
Big Bluff Charity Poker We’ve all heard tales of "esport owner poker nights" and finally, the community will get a peek into one of these legendary events. In conjunction with Gamers for a Cause, the NA LCS owners have to host a charity event featuring, well, the NA LCS team owners! Tune in this Sunday at 5:30pm PST
TLnder: Now in Beta! Our new pro player dating app is now in beta (kinda not really).