We're Hiring: Junior Research Analysts
January 23 2018
Opening weekend was a success, but we know there's still room for improvement. We are searching for two (2) junior research analysts who will assist our Head Analyst in preparing our NA LCS and Academy teams. Candidates should have a high level of understanding of League of Legends combined with an ability to mine and interpret data effectively.
Two (2) Junior Research Analysts
Job Title: Junior Research Analyst.
Type: Contractor Based.
Reports to: Head Analyst.
A successful candidate is:
- Analytical. Our ideal candidates possess an astute mind that can parse information and focus on highly significant details.
- Self-motivated. Our analysts will work remotely and should manage their time to complete the weekly deliverables.
- Reliable. Our LCS and Academy teams play every weekend, and we need our analysts to prepare materials in time for practice.
- A League of Legends expert. Staying up-to-date on the current competitive meta through VOD review and first-hand experience are requirements for our analysts.
- Organized. Data presentation is an important part of the job, and our ideal candidate understands how to explain even the most complex concepts.
- Detail-oriented. Small details separate the best teams, and we require an analyst that can see advantages that are easy to miss.
- A team player. League of Legends is a team game, and our staff similarly work together to accomplish our goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent understanding of MS Excel, google sheets/docs, and similar programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of League of Legends, including but not limited to macro game, laning stages, pick ban strategy, itemization, and champion synergy.
- Experience in data analysis fields required.
- Experience working in any of the premiere regions or Challenger is required.
- A high soloQ rating is preferred.
- Watch their assigned competitive League of Legends matches and create documents that log pertinent information.
- Submit weekly summaries of NA LCS, EU LCS, LCK, and LPL games including all relevant and requested data.
- Work with the Head Analyst in creating reports for the coaching staff.
- Research specific game information as assigned by the coaching staff, including jungler pathing, itemization, item/skill optimization, and picks/bans.
- Assist the coaching staff in general research subjects.
Since our Junior Research Analyst positions are technical in nature, we would like you to complete the following two (2) tasks to demonstrate your suitability for the role. Please complete these tasks as comprehensively as possible while displaying: 1.) a high level of understanding of League of Legends; 2.) an ability to present that analysis clearly and concisely; and 3.) the capability to communicate improvements effectively.
Task 1: Jungle Pathing
Take 4 jungle champions that have been played in a professional match in any premiere region within the past year and discuss three different paths that they each could have taken.
Details to Include:
- Camp order
- HP values between each camp
- Optimized camp clearing method
- Experience levels between each camp
- Running total of time taken to clear each camp
- Viability of implementation in pro play including:
- Strengths and weaknesses of each path
- Requirement of pull from laner
- Rune setup
- Punish options for enemy jungler (can be champion specific)
- Any other information you think can be useful
Task 2: Analysis Reporting
Design a layout for a document that will summarize VODs for analysis and review. Demonstrate how your layout is optimized to efficiently display information. Your document should be accessible and easy to understand, with the ability to present information from multiple games simultaneously.
The following details should be present, at minimum:
- Pick order
- Major concepts
- Game time
- Non-5-point level 1
- Link to VOD
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and documents of your application tasks to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Attn: Junior Research Analyst Application".
Application period ends on January 29th 2018.
League of Legends Olleh's Love Advice Column Get your love advice from the most handsome man in the LCS!
We're Hiring: Interim Team Chef Team Liquid is seeking an interim Team Chef for 2 months at our new AWTF.
Smash Salem Joins Liquid We're delighted to announce that we're coming back to Smash 4 with the world's best Bayonetta, Saleem "Salem" Akiel Young.
We're Hiring: Full Time and Part Time Client Coordinators A successful esports team is more than just a collection of players, coaches and managers. There is a support system that allows our teams to do what they do best, and part of that is interfacing with clients and fulfilling our obligations. We are searching for a full time and a part time client coordinator who can manage our key accounts and keep everyone happy.