We're Hiring: Interim Team Chef
February 12 2018
Team Liquid is seeking an interim Team Chef for 2 months at our new AWTF in the Santa Monica, CA area. The Team Chef will prepare meals for our teams and staff, maintain a clean and professional workplace, and encourage healthy, balanced meals. You will have the freedom to create your own menus, provided that they are clean, healthy, and freshly prepared.
Interim Team Chef
Job Title: Interim Team Chef.
Type: Temp Full Time — 2 months.
Location: Santa Monica, CA.
Reports to: Team Manager.
A successful candidate is:
- Timely. Our teams follow a strict schedule, and our ideal candidate must be ready to serve as soon as our players start their breaks.
- Hygienic. In addition to following industry cleanliness and safety guidelines, our ideal candidate should be presentable and approachable at all times.
- Hospitable. More than just feeding our players and staff, our team chef must foster a positive social environment that acts as a respite from the pressures of work and practice.
- Flexible. Our players and staff have diverse tastes, and our ideal candidate should be able to meet their needs on a daily basis, such as providing meat and vegetable options.
- Dynamic. We want everyone at the AWTF to look forward to their meals, and our team chef will be encouraged to try new recipes and experiment with new flavors based on our staff’s and players’ preferences.
- Meticulous. Our ideal candidate will help our players perform by keeping them healthy through planned dietary content, standardized serving sizes, and enticing presentation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English.
- Previous experience as a chef required.
- 2+ years of work experience in food preparation for large groups (25-40 pax) required.
- Knowledge of Korean, Asian, and American cuisines is a bonus.
- Prepare 2 meals per day (2pm and 6pm), 5 days a week (Monday to Friday).
- Shop for weekly groceries and maintain food stocks within the designated budget.
- Ensure that all kitchen utensils, tools, and cooking ware is cleaned and stored properly after use.
- Inspect food stores for freshness and discard expired or out of date items.
- Coordinate with the facility manager to keep the kitchen and dining areas clean and orderly.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Attn: Interim Team Chef Application".
Heroes of the Storm Heroes Roster Update: Arcaner joins, Splendour departs During Phase #1, our Heroes of the Storm team placed 4th during the season and narrowly missed out on the Mid Season Brawl. Our goal for the team is to reach BlizzCon, and we're ringing in some changes heading into HGC Phase #2. We'd like to announce that we are signing Liam "Arcaner" Simpson as our new ranged DPS player.
Street Fighter 4 No Coast, No Kings: Liquid at Combo Breaker Spring is in the air and that means one thing in Street Fighter: Combo Breaker is finally here!
CS:GO | Smash | Quake | Rainbow Six A Winning Weekend: Smash, Quake, & R6 take gold; CS:GO places 2nd Team Liquid had another winning weekend as we claimed 3 titles and 2 silver medals. Our Rainbow 6 squad was crowned champions of the R6 ProLeague S7 Finals, rapha and DaHanG demolished DH Tours, and Hungrybox claimed Get On My Level's prized ring. To round things out, our CS:GO squad placed second at the ESL ProLeague Finals, while ChuDat climbed his way to a silver medal at Battle Arena Melbourne.