We're Hiring: Interim Team Chef
February 12 2018
Team Liquid is seeking an interim Team Chef for 2 months at our new AWTF in the Santa Monica, CA area. The Team Chef will prepare meals for our teams and staff, maintain a clean and professional workplace, and encourage healthy, balanced meals. You will have the freedom to create your own menus, provided that they are clean, healthy, and freshly prepared.
Interim Team Chef
Job Title: Interim Team Chef.
Type: Temp Full Time — 2 months.
Location: Santa Monica, CA.
Reports to: Team Manager.
A successful candidate is:
- Timely. Our teams follow a strict schedule, and our ideal candidate must be ready to serve as soon as our players start their breaks.
- Hygienic. In addition to following industry cleanliness and safety guidelines, our ideal candidate should be presentable and approachable at all times.
- Hospitable. More than just feeding our players and staff, our team chef must foster a positive social environment that acts as a respite from the pressures of work and practice.
- Flexible. Our players and staff have diverse tastes, and our ideal candidate should be able to meet their needs on a daily basis, such as providing meat and vegetable options.
- Dynamic. We want everyone at the AWTF to look forward to their meals, and our team chef will be encouraged to try new recipes and experiment with new flavors based on our staff’s and players’ preferences.
- Meticulous. Our ideal candidate will help our players perform by keeping them healthy through planned dietary content, standardized serving sizes, and enticing presentation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English.
- Previous experience as a chef required.
- 2+ years of work experience in food preparation for large groups (25-40 pax) required.
- Knowledge of Korean, Asian, and American cuisines is a bonus.
- Prepare 2 meals per day (2pm and 6pm), 5 days a week (Monday to Friday).
- Shop for weekly groceries and maintain food stocks within the designated budget.
- Ensure that all kitchen utensils, tools, and cooking ware is cleaned and stored properly after use.
- Inspect food stores for freshness and discard expired or out of date items.
- Coordinate with the facility manager to keep the kitchen and dining areas clean and orderly.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Attn: Interim Team Chef Application".
Quake QuakeCon 2018: How Overwatch Prepared DaHanG DaHanG is excited to be playing Quake again. After a decade of playing the game, DaHanG is an old dog that has learned new tricks from an unlikely source: His time as an Overwatch player.
Street Fighter 4 Into the Fray: Open Bracket Madness EVO is the biggest open bracket tournament in the world, and we'll be on the ground competing — from our pros to our staff and community members.
Street Fighter 4 FGC FUNdamentals - Terminology The biggest fighting game tournament in the world is this weekend, and if you're new to FGC, we have a handy dandy FGC dictionary for all the best FGC terms. Consider yourself schooled.
Winner Winner Manny's Dinner Pro players take their esports work very seriously. With this huge passion comes a big appetite, and for Team Liquid players, the right fuel to power them through endless scrims is an utmost priority. Enter the one and only: Chef Manny Liceaga.