We're Hiring: Assistant Manager (Street Fighter)
April 05 2018
Team Liquid is a global esports organization that has just begun its expansion into Japan with two Street Fighter V players: Naoki “Nemo” Nemoto and Ryota “John Takeuchi” Takeuchi. We need a talented individual who can broaden our reach in Japan as a player manager, community manager, account manager, and translator.
Assistant Manager (Street Fighter)
Job Title: Assistant Manager (Street Fighter).
Type: Independent Contractor.
Location: Remote — Japan. Must coordinate work hours with supervising managers in NA and EU.
Reports to: CEO, COO, Player Managers, Head of Client Services.
A successful candidate is:
- Organized. Our ideal candidate will be the support system for our Japanese players and provide all ancillary services such as scheduling obligations, and coordinating with Team Liquid management regarding all player needs.
- A good communicator. A big part of the job will be acting as the liaison between the greater Team Liquid organization and our players.
- Proactive. As a new division of Team Liquid, our Japanese team will require a lot of promotion and development through our Japanese Manager.
- Culturally aware. As a global organization, Team Liquid includes staff and players from all over the world. Our candidate will be our guide in the Japanese market.
- Flexible. Our ideal candidate must be able to work across different timezones to accommodate overseas staff and meet deadlines on short notice.
- Independent. As our sole staff member based in Japan, our ideal candidate must be able to work independently and accomplish tasks without micromanagement.
- Brand aware. Our Japanese Manager will be our main representative in Japan and must conduct themselves with utmost professionalism.
- Excellent written and fluent verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese.
- Must have experience in written and audio transcription and translation from English to Japanese, and Japanese to English.
- Must have experience as a community manager at live events and online.
- Work experience in global companies is a bonus but not required.
- Work experience as a social media manager is a bonus but not required.
- Manage Team Liquid’s Japanese players and ensure that they meet all media, sponsor, and tournament obligations.
- Supervise Team Liquid’s Japanese players during events, public appearances, and community initiatives.
- Manage player travel, accommodations and player requests and organize player schedules.
- Maintain constant communication with, and report to, other Team Liquid managers, supervising managers, and the CEO regarding player schedules, obligations and developments.
- Coordinate with other Team Liquid departments for all player requests, including but not limited to social media posts, sponsored content, signing sessions, interviews, photo sessions, video sessions, AMAs, Discord events, and others.
- Assist in the translation of all relevant Team Liquid content into Japanese, including but not limited to Street Fighter articles, announcements, social media posts, and video content (transcription and subtitles).
- Manage Team Liquid’s community initiatives in Japan, including fan events, fan meets, and public appearances.
- Assist Team Liquid’s PR, Communications, and Client Services departments in communicating with Japanese clients, partners, media outlets, fan groups, tournament organizers, and other third parties.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Attn: Assistant Manager Street Fighter Application".
League of Legends Thank you, TLFAM! A very big thanks to the fans that have been with us through thick and thin!
League of Legends Year in Review Our season had some ups and downs but certainly ended strong. Join us for a Year in Review (so far).