We're Hiring: Tutor
December 14 2018
Team Liquid is searching for a motivated and well rounded tutor who can help our player(s) progress in their education. As a bilingual team, we require our tutor to use both English and Korean as a medium of instruction and improve our team in areas such as communication and study habits.
Job Title: Tutor.
Type: Part Time.
Location: Santa Monica, USA.
Reports to: Team Manager.
A successful candidate is:
- Affable. Candidate should be able to develop a positive and constructive rapport with the player(s).
- Organized. A systematic and structured environment is necessary to promote productive learning.
- Observant. Records of player(s) assessment results, progress, or feedback must be maintained and kept confidential. The tutor should be aware of specific topics, subjects, homework, or problems that require further review or follow ups.
- Constructive. The tutor will provide feedback to player(s) using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.
- Considerate. Our players have very busy schedules, and the tutor must be able to work around our other engagements.
- Open to learning. The tutor will be asked to participate in training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices or learn new tutoring techniques.
- A good example. More than just learning subjects, we want our player(s) to develop proper study methods, test taking techniques, and good habits. The candidate should know how to impart techniques tailored to each student.
- Fluency in English and Korean.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 2+ years of teaching or tutoring experience with children and teenagers in a variety of subjects and fields.
- A clean record (criminal, drug, health).
- Access to reliable transportation to and from our player(s)’ homes or the AWTF.
- Teaching Certificate is preferred.
- The tutor must coordinate with our team manager in order to schedule sessions with specific player(s).
- For each student and each subject, the tutor must independently research and recommend textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
- The tutor will prepare and facilitate tutoring workshops, collaborative projects, or academic support sessions for small groups of students.
- The tutor will prepare materials, such as handouts, study materials, or quizzes.
- The tutor will communicate weekly progress reports in either written documents or through voice calls with the coaching staff and management.
- The tutor will review class material with player(s) by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
- Should any problem areas or learning issues arise that require special attention, the tutor must approach the coaches and team manager about the situation with reports and documentation.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Attn: Team Tutor Application".
League of Legends TF Blade’s Journey to Become the Undisputed World #1 We're sending TF Blade on a mission around the world to reach Rank 1 on the most competitive regions in the world. Will TF Blade become the undisputed World #1?
Upgrading the Roster With Jersey Mike’s Subs We’re happy to announce that Team Liquid is partnering with North America’s favorite sub shop, Jersey Mike’s Subs. If there is one thing that Team Liquid does better than anyone, it’s providing the best for our teams, and Jersey Mike’s commitment to going above and beyond makes this partnership a perfect fit.